This is a recipe I taught during my workshop in Phuket, Thailand, to a packed room full of locals. My raw vegan version of their traditional Thai soup.
Tom Yum Inspired Soup
- 1/4 cup shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup straw mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons green chili peppers, chopped, about 3 Thai or 1 serrano pepper
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups coconut meat
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 5 medium Kaffir lime leaves
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon grass, chopped, lower stalks only
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 to 4 cups filtered water, as needed
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
Marinate toppings by placing all ingredients into a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes or more.
Into your blender, place soup base ingredients with 1 cup water. Blend smooth. Add remaining water, blend to mix well.
To serve, scoop soup base into 4 bowls. Top with marinated vegetables, and garnish with cilantro leaves.
Tags: recipe raw food vegan vegetarian natural weight loss health beauty living foods uncooked unheated gluten-free wheat-free eco green living whole food foods organic Korean Asian American ani phyo raw fo, shallot mushroom chili lime soy coconut garlic kaffir lime leaves coconut oil lemon grass cilantro corriander